2016-07-07

The final base

We came pretty close to stopping them. Very close indeed. But they were cleverer than we anticipated. We'd been tracking down and taking AWBO's bases for a while, and we'd finally reached the last one that we knew of.
It seemed pretty standard. We followed orders, attacked the base (not from the front, though, just to be safe). We cleared out the AWBO forces in there. It was going well.
But then their reinforcements arrived. We thought we knew their ways, but really they knew ours. Nobody was around to order us, but most just kept fighting. I saw that there was no hope and fled. I don't think anyone who stayed survived.
As far as I know, we lost our leader and a load of crucial information on AWBO. From what I've gathered, the resistance has moved to a new base, but since I fled… I don't know where it is. I've just heard loose rumours and word-of-mouth to know what the hell's been happening.
I do still know where that last base is, in case we ever have reason to return there. But they'll probably be regaining strength after our defeat. I don't know if the remaining resistance knows where it is, so I'd be pretty valuable.
But they don't know where I am.
And that's why I'm stuck, alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment